Have you noticed that when a slim girl dates a big guy, he’s seen and called a teddy bear by friends
But when a big girl dates a slim guy, she’s called a whale, truck, “why would you do that to yourself man”?
It’s almost as if people are especially fatphobic towards women
And they make it seem like we live in a sexist and misogynistic society
Top 7 reasons why I’m not down with having kids
You nailed all my reasons in your top 7 but I’ll add: #8 People have children for the worst fucking reasons, i.e. to “save” a marriage, trap someone in a relationship, get more government money, be taken care of by the kids when they’re old, because “baby fever” beckons, and a woman still isn’t a fully realized human being until she’s spewed at least one brat from her loins, and lastly, to pass down (usually shitty) genetics.
1. I cannot handle being around kids for too long. They drain the shit out of me & I feel on edge the whole time, unable to relax. I could NOT live with a child permanently, even if it did have my DNA
2. Children are not ‘special’. Just because they have your DNA doesn’t qualify them as being unique in any way. They are just more people
3. This one is huge deal for me: We are overpopulated as fuck. We do not need more people right now. It is once again immoral to bring more people into the world right now. The environment is suffering in a big way, the last thing it needs is another few tons of disposable diapers
4. Money. No money, mo problems, yo. I can barely hold down a job, I’m such a scatter brain. There is no fucking way I could support another human being.
5. Drudgery. I hate doing work. I’m not afraid to admit it- I’m lazy. I hate doing laundry and dishes and all that shit. I mean, I’ll do it, but with only myself and my partner, there isn’t really that much to actually do.
I’m biffing off to southeast Asia for six months in a few days. Because I can afford to sit on a beach and do nothing but drink myself stupid for weeks on end. I love relaxing and having lots of spare time. Having extra chores, being *tied down* and having hardly any relaxing time would KILL me and I would become a bitter shell of a person.
6. I really dislike ‘parent culture’. I’m sorry, but the moment I hear someone is a ‘dad’ or a ‘mum’, I just cringe and immediately (and maybe unfairly) give them ‘dork’ points. Studies show that mothers, especially, are immediately intellectually discredited when applying for jobs and leadership positions (sexism!). Don’t like ‘em, don’t wanna be one
7. My biggest reason is a moral one, and maybe a bit deep for general conversation, so I don’t usually mention it when I’m quizzed, but here it is:
I don’t know what the fuck is up with this universe, but I don’t like it. I dislike the very foundation on which our nature is built on: suffering, struggle and violence.
Just watch one nature documentary and you can see, life is nothing but trying to kill or avoid being killed. Not just humans, but all beings have to obey these rules, kill and consume.
The consequences of this violence echo down our lineage and we see the products of living in a traumatizing environment manifest in phenomena such as crime, murder, serial killers, torture. Parents bring their children here and selfishly hope that they will outlive their kids so they won’t have to witness them die, but ultimately they BROUGHT them here to suffer and die.
Don’t get me wrong, *I* have a good life, but this place, if you really sit down and think about it, FUCKING SUCKS. It is immoral to bring another soul here without its permission. It’s cruel
I’d love to hear everyone else’s reasons there are so many, but do you have a top 7?