Anonymous asked: I recently got into a debate about the wage gap and I have some people sending links about how it's a myth and how it's because women look for flexibility over income; I'm seriously tired from work and I cannot think of any sort of answer and I feel that if I tell them to fuck off, they will go "see, another raving feminist" (typical for this site and btw, this is going on in my own personal blog and my experience with the wage gap) help, please?
Tell them that the wage gap was determined by professional statisticians and economics who compared people of different genders doing the same job. The wage gap isn’t comparing company CEOs to part-time secretaries, it’s comparing male CEOs to female CEOs and male secretaries to female secretaries. If you don’t understand that, you don’t grasp the basic tenets of science and statistics: eliminate the unbalanced variables.
- straight character: (checks out someones ass)
- straight character: (engages in superfluous romance)
- straight character: (has lots of casual sex)
- straight character: (oh shit a love triangle)
- straight audience:
- queer character: (expresses hints of attraction)
- straight audience: UGH why does EVERYTHING have to come down to their fucking sexuality?? it doesnt MATTER it should just be a NON-ISSUE